Spantik International Expedition 2023-25
Spantik is Located in the region of Karakorum and sub range of Chogolugma. This peak is very easy amidst 7000m peak in the Karakorum range. The Summit ratio is over 70 %
Price will be increased 10% every year
Lead by Karim Hayat (scaled Borad peak in 2014) and 6 unclimbed peaks in Shaimshal Hunza, he climbed in Nepal, Island Peak 6299m and Brunste up 6900m
June 10-2023-2025 July 1.2023-2025
Spantik is the non-technical peak among the 7000 m peaks in Karakorum, There are several peaks above 7000 m in Karakorum, but this peak is unique and good opportunity to reach 7000 m without facing any difficult terrain. We hear every year several teams reach to summit without any serious issue.
I call this trek “moderate trek” The trek begins from Arundo village, this trek is not demanding , I call it moderate up to the Balucho, after Balucho we trek on Chogolungma glacier for 3-4h, then we take a steep slope to reach base camp, this is dry and comfort place.
Our trek begins from base camp to camp I on slop and we follow a dry steep ridge, it would take 3-4 h, most of the time this ridge remain dry but all depends on weather. If we look on the pictures from camp I to camp II, the long flat ridge, but there are few sections which we need to climb down and climb up without rope. This would take 4-5 h to reach to camp II. The platform is on snow plateau.
Camp II to Camp III, there are few more ridge slopes and we reach to the pint of fix line, we need to fix 250 m rope, indeed the slope is not that steep, lower angel than Gondogoro la. After crossing this slope we climb for a while without rope and do traverse to reach camp III. I draw a green line below the snow Dom.
After traversing the slope we reach to camp III, from camp III, we walk on a flat snow ridge and gain the height and approach to the summit slop. The top of Spantik offers good view to Hunza valley, we can see Mulabuting, Rakaposhi, Diran Peak, Dasagil Sar, K2 and more.
Arrival to Islamabad transfer for domestic departure for Skardu, in case of flight cancellation. Visit to Islamabad
Drive to Chilas 10-11 h on the Karakorum Highway, the eighth wonder of the world.
Drive to Skardu 6-7h, Skardu is the capital of Baltistan and called it Little Tibet.
Drive to Arondu 5-6 h.
Trek to Spantik Base camp.
Acclimatization and try to climb the peak
Trek back to Arundu, Skardu and Islamabad
Price per person
Pax: 4-6, €3680
Pax: 7-10, €3480
- Transportation (air conditioned) and non-air condition from Airport and back to Islamabad airport with respectively to the itinerary including all the hotel transfers. (3nights 4days if necessary) in Islamabad
- Hotel accommodation (twin sharing rooms) with full meals, water during the hotel meals. All meals during the trek.
- Sleeping tents (P/P) Mess tents and kitchen tents, toilet, Shower and store tent, sleeping Mattresses, tables and chairs.
- Tents for trek and BC. Similar to VE25. Made in Pakistan.
- Each climber will accommodate with 40kg.
- Kitchen appliances, including stove, fuel and crockery (new) etc.
- Stoves, 2 pair, each contains 2 burners. Services of Guide, cook, assistants and their insurance and wages. Peak royalty and Environmental fee.
- Arrangements of briefing and debriefing, Assist for visa process
- Helicopter rescue arrangements.
- Toll tax, parking fee, camping fee etc.
- Support for cargo process.
Services not included
- International and airport taxes, Excess weight, un for seen situation, e.g., Snow fall, road blocks, extra porters,
- Personal clothing / climbing equipment’s, room service, laundry, beverage, phone calls.
- Insurance liability and other under force majors conditions, personal insurance and helicopter
- Personal nature clothing / climbing equipment’s, room service, Laundry, phone calls and Visa fee.
- Extra porters, Excess weight and road blockage, cargo charges in Islamabad and in Skardu. Rescue coverage etc. Rescue deposit, U$.4000,- for entire team
- EPI gas and oxygen bottel and mask
- high camp food and tents
- Climbing gear
- Full size ascender (i.e. Petzel Ascension)
- 2 locking karabiners, 1 large and 1 small
- 4 non-locking karabiners
- Ice axe with leash
- Grevel crampons with anti-balling plates
- Ski poles
- Abseiling/Rappelling Gloves
- 2 cotton t-shirts
- 2 synthetic t-shirts
- 2 long sleeve synthetic shirts
- Light-weight soft shell jacket
- Medium weight insulating jacket (fleece, down, or synthetic)
- Hard shell jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable (Gore-Tex or similar)
- Heavy down coat
- Lightweight poly-liner gloves
- Mid-weight soft shell gloves – water/wind resistant
- Heavy- weight waterproof gloves – Gore-tex shell with removable liner
- Expedition weight mittens -Gore-tex over mitt matched polar fleece mitt liner
- Warm hat that covers your ears
- Face mask
- Baseball hat or brimmed sun hat
- Glacier sunglasses with side shields
- Ski goggles with light and dark lenses
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Buff/neck gaiter
- Bandana or head scarf (optional)
- Synthetic underwear
- Hiking shorts
- Hiking pants
- 2 pair lightweight thermal bottoms
- Medium or expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Polar fleece or soft shell pants
- Waterproof/breathable pants with full side zips (Gore-Tex or similar)
- Heavy insulating pants
For 7,000 m peaks: down pants and jacket, comfort -30
For 7000-8000m peaks: Scarpa or La Sportiva, etc) Modern waterproof and inner inside. likewise Scarpa or
- Lasportiva, Sturdy leather or gore tex or hanwag walking boots
- Trainers, running shoes and sandals
- Down booties (optional)
- 3 pair med-heavy poly or wool socks
- 2 pair poly or wool liner socks (optional)
- Vapor barrier liner socks (optional)
- 2 pair lightweight trekking socks
- Cotton socks for in town
- Down sleeping bag (2no) one for base camp and one for high camp
Down base camp sleeping bag should be rated to -10 C or 15 F (If you sleep cold consider -18 C
2 closed cell foam kari-mats (sleeping pads) for use in base camp and high altitude or
- High quality inflatable sleeping pad designed for cold weather (Therma rest)
- Patch kit for inflatable pad
Rucksack and Travel Bags:
- Medium rucksack/backpack (50-70 litres , can be used as carry-on bag)
- Waterproof rucksack cover (optional)
- 2 large (120+ L duffle kit bags for clothing and equipment
- Small luggage locks for duffel kit bags
- Female or male hygiene supplies
- 2 tubes lip sun cream
- Large tube skin sun cream (min factor 40-60)
- Anti-mosquito cream
- Hand sanitizer gel (small-medium bottle)
- Bar of soap small towel
- Hand wipes
Climbing harness, 5 meters (16 ft.) of 6 mm accessory cord, Figure 8 abseil/belay devices (tube style devices, i.e. ATC will not work on fixed lines)
- Small personal first-aid kit. (Simple and Light) Aspirin, first-aid tape, plasters (band-aids), personal medications, etc.
- Blister repair kit
- 10 anti-diarrhea pills
- 20 anti-headache pills
- 10 cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox, Acetylzolamide (optional)
- 10 Stomach antibiotics: Ciprofloxacin, etc.
For further details, please contact us by email