Rush Lake Trek
Magnificent view of Golden pillar, Puprahs, Ulttar and Momhil mountains.
The Rush Lake Trek is an exhilarating and scenic trekking experience in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan. Nestled within the Karakoram Range, this trek leads adventurers to the highest alpine lake in Pakistan, offering breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, lush meadows, and pristine landscapes. Here’s a detailed guide for tourists interested in embarking on the Rush Lake Trek:
- Region: Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan.
- Starting Point: The trek typically begins in the picturesque village of Hopper Nagar, accessible from the city of Gilgit.
2. Trekking Duration:
- The trek to Rush Lake is typically a 7 to 9-day journey, covering an average of 70-80 kilometers round trip. The duration can vary based on the chosen route and the trekker’s pace.
3. Highlights of the Trek:
- Rush Lake: At an elevation of approximately 4,694 meters (15,400 feet), Rush Lake is the highest alpine lake in Pakistan. The stunning turquoise waters are surrounded by snow-capped peaks, creating a mesmerizing landscape.
- Hispar Pass: Trekkers often have the option to extend the journey and cross the Hispar Pass, offering breathtaking views of surrounding peaks and glaciers.
4. Trekking Route:
- The trek usually follows a trail through beautiful valleys, passing by Hopper Glacier, Barpu Glacier, and diverse landscapes.
- Common campsites along the route include Hopper, Barpu Giram, and Rush Lake Base Camp.
5. Best Time to Visit:
- The ideal time for the Rush Lake Trek is during the summer months, from late June to early September, when the weather is relatively mild and the trekking trails are accessible.
6. Difficulty Level:
- The Rush Lake Trek is considered moderate to challenging due to its high altitude and varied terrain. Trekkers should have a reasonable level of fitness and acclimatize properly to avoid altitude-related issues.
7. Permits and Guidelines:
- Obtain any necessary trekking permits, which may be required for certain areas.
- Respect local customs and environmental guidelines to ensure a sustainable and responsible trekking experience.
8. Guided Tours:
- Consider hiring a local guide or joining a guided trekking tour to enhance your experience and ensure safety. Local guides are familiar with the terrain, culture, and can provide valuable insights.
9. Packing Essentials:
- Pack appropriate clothing for varying weather conditions, a sturdy pair of trekking boots, camping gear, and essentials such as a first aid kit, water purification tablets, and high-energy snacks.
Embarking on the Rush Lake Trek is not only a physical adventure but also an opportunity to immerse yourself in the stunning natural beauty and cultural richness of the Gilgit-Baltistan region. The journey to the highest alpine lake in Pakistan promises unforgettable vistas and a sense of accomplishment for trekking enthusiasts.
|Duration of trek:
|mid May to Mid October
Arrival to Islamabad fly to Gilgit, proceed to Hunza by car.H
Spare day for driving
Drive to Hoper, trek to Baricho Kor 3300m.C
Trek to Rush Phari 4690m.C
Rest day for excursion.
Trek back to Hunza.
Day 9 to 11
Drive to Islamabad and fly back to home
Explore more Tours, Trekking and Expeditions
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
IncludedAll Museum TicketsMealsPersonal GuideTransportation/Car
Not IncludedAccommondationTypical Souvenir